If you are anything like me, you prefer to leave all “technology purchases” to the Man of the House. Not that I can’t do it – after all, I did buy my own iPod and figure out how to use it! But generally speaking, I figure it’s just part of a man’s DNA to know WHAT to buy, WHERE to buy it, and HOW to make it work. Besides, I don’t want to hear about it if I make a mistake! Imagine my hubby’s surprise when he walked in to find a new 52” plasma TV lift cabinet for his birthday! I decided to follow the WHAT/WHERE/HOW formula myself. Try it! WHAT – TV lift technology has been around for years. First introduced as a state-of-the art innovation to luxury hotels and casinos, it is now accessible to the average Jane. The concept is simple: When you want to watch TV, push a button and your television “pops up” from a piece of furniture (ours is housed in a beautiful mahogany armoire) and with another button push, it “disappears” when TV time is over! WHERE – TV Lifts are available from a variety of sources; from your local home theater retailer to reputable internet manufacturers. I recommend doing your research online first; you will find numerous reliable websites available at your fingertips. (This is also an excellent way to comparison shop!) Once you have narrowed your search, visit a “bricks-and mortar” store. Ask to see different models of the TV lifts in action. Look for ease of operation, noise level and décor options. (What I mean by that is, is the TV lift housed within a cabinet or console? This was important to me, as I didn’t want our TV to become the room’s focal point. I chose a custom-built TV lift cabinet, which holds all of our TV “stuff” – the cable box, TiVo, and all their accompanying wires!) HOW – TV lift operating systems vary. Each has its own set of pros and cons, so make your decision based upon your own “needs” assessment, including your budget, warranties, etc. Some options include: 1) Rack and pinion operation; 2) Scissor-lift technology; 3) Telescopic lift design;
The What/Where/How of TV Cabinets
Categories: TV Lifts & TV Cabinets
Tags: TV Cabinets, TV lift cabinets & TV cabinet FAQs
Posted On: April 25 2010
Posted By: admin
- Elevating Comfort: Bed Frame with TV Lift vs Stand-Alone TV Lift Cabinet
- Pop Up TV Cabinets: The Secret to a Chic Living Room!
- Revamp Your Living Room This Summer with a Hidden TV Lift Cabinet - Your Friends Will Be Amazed!
- The Evolution of TV Lift Cabinets: Combining Functionality and Style
- Elevate Your Entertainment Experience with TV Lift Cabinets
- Patrick Martinez on Father's Day TV Lift Cabinet Giveaway Announcement:
- Walter Barry Crist on Father's Day TV Lift Cabinet Giveaway Announcement:
- Sherry Humphreys on Father's Day TV Lift Cabinet Giveaway Announcement:
- Sue Hieber on Father's Day TV Lift Cabinet Giveaway Announcement:
- Mary Crist on Father's Day TV Lift Cabinet Giveaway Announcement:
You have no items to compare.
My Wish List
Last Added Items
You have no items in your wish list.