Likely to be the hottest TV gift this holiday season, 3D TVs are steadily rising in popularity and in technological capabilities. Couple that with a steady drop in prices, what more could customers ask for? As the media entertainment envelope continues to be pushed, moving from HD to Blu-ray and now 3D, the movie industry will continue to play to the highest bidder, and right now that’s the 3D niche. In 2010, there were 25 3D movies released in theaters, and all of those, of course, were or will be released in 3D DVD versions. In 2011, the number of 3D movies is expected to top 30. And by now everyone has heard that Lucasfilm Ltd. will be rereleasing the entire Star Wars saga in 3D, which will of course be followed by 3D DVDs. In Europe, Sky 3D is the world’s first full-time 3D TV station, which brings sports, movies and entertainment to its customers in 3D 100 percent of the time. Many of the 3D TV holiday specials this year will feature TV kits that include free 3D-viewing glasses (required to view 3D movies) and a free Blu-ray player. Purchased on their own, these “freebies” could add about a $700 value to your purchase. And in line with the industry-wide popularity of slim screens, all the major producers of 3D TVs are creating flat, wide screens. Viewing a film in 3D requires a screen large enough to fill a viewer’s field of vision or the effect is lost. 3D TVs measuring up to 65 inches is not uncommon. As a bonus, many of today’s 3D TVs are also “smart” TVs, meaning they come Internet-ready and streaming-capable. So which 3D TVs are the best to put on your holiday wishlist in 2010? Well, that is debatable, especially since many of the current 3D TV manufacturers are using different technologies and materials, delivering a variety of results, but many 3D connoisseurs agree that a Top 10 list should look something like this (in no particular order): - Panasonic TX-P65VT20B - Sony KDL-60LX903 - Sony KDL-52HX903
3D TVs on Everyone’s Holiday Wishlist
Categories: shopping tips
Posted On: November 22 2010
Posted By: admin
- TV Lift Kit: Build Your own DIY TV Lift Cabinet with a Lift Mechanism Kit
- The Ultimate Space-Saving Solution: Transform Your Living Room with a TV Lift Cabinet
- IKEA TV Lift Cabinets?
- Revamp Your Living Room this Spring with a Stylish TV Lift Cabinet
- Are you looking for a way to enhance your Independence Day entertainment experience? Enter our Giveaway
- Patrick Martinez on Father's Day TV Lift Cabinet Giveaway Announcement:
- Walter Barry Crist on Father's Day TV Lift Cabinet Giveaway Announcement:
- Sherry Humphreys on Father's Day TV Lift Cabinet Giveaway Announcement:
- Sue Hieber on Father's Day TV Lift Cabinet Giveaway Announcement:
- Mary Crist on Father's Day TV Lift Cabinet Giveaway Announcement:
You have no items to compare.
My Wish List
Last Added Items
You have no items in your wish list.