A colleague of mine recently had her iPhone stolen. In the old days before smart phones, if a phone was stolen or lost, the owner would simply purchase a new phone, deactivate old phone, and reprogram all contacts back into phone. It was an inconvenience, but at least manageable. Nowadays, with everyone owning smart phones, things have become more complicated. Not only do you have to replace phone, deactivate old phone, and reprogram all contacts back into address book, but you also have to change all passwords for your email accounts, Facebook page, banking, and any other important data that was previously stored on your phone. What a nightmare! Since our TV Lift Cabinet Owners are tech savvy, I am going to share with you a few ways that you can protect your computer and phone. 1.) Download iHound app to your smart phone. IHound software allows you to track your smart phone at all times. You can even sound a loud alarm to locate your phone. 2.) Sign up for Myfoundcast.com –this is an internet based lost and found service. It allows you to create custom wallpaper and embed information into the wallpaper saying something to the effect of “If you find this phone, please report to www.myfoundcast.com." The custom wallpaper also has a unique ID # for each phone. When someone goes to their site to return a phone, the person will be prompted to enter in the ID # to notify owner of phone being found. 3.) Prey software is designed to also track your phone and computer. A gentleman who was recently robbed during the London riots was able to identify the thief and retrieve his computer back with this software. This software not only tracks your device but it notifies you of when someone has logged into it and you can see what sites the thief visits. In the case of the London incident, this thief went straight to his Facebook account page, which led to his immediate arrest. Brilliant! If you have any other helpful software or sites, please share with us.
Ways to Protect Your Phone and Computer
Categories: Uncategorized & Technology
Tags: TV Lifts, TV lift cabinets, Technology, prey, ihound & myfoundcast
Posted On: August 17 2011
Posted By: admin
- TV Lift Kit: Build Your own DIY TV Lift Cabinet with a Lift Mechanism Kit
- The Ultimate Space-Saving Solution: Transform Your Living Room with a TV Lift Cabinet
- IKEA TV Lift Cabinets?
- Revamp Your Living Room this Spring with a Stylish TV Lift Cabinet
- Are you looking for a way to enhance your Independence Day entertainment experience? Enter our Giveaway
- Patrick Martinez on Father's Day TV Lift Cabinet Giveaway Announcement:
- Walter Barry Crist on Father's Day TV Lift Cabinet Giveaway Announcement:
- Sherry Humphreys on Father's Day TV Lift Cabinet Giveaway Announcement:
- Sue Hieber on Father's Day TV Lift Cabinet Giveaway Announcement:
- Mary Crist on Father's Day TV Lift Cabinet Giveaway Announcement:
You have no items to compare.
My Wish List
Last Added Items
You have no items in your wish list.